A Green Company
Sunfresh Linen became an ecoBiz Partner back in 2006. This underpinned the company’s commitment to the environment.
With the assistance of the program, and a 2 million dollar investment, the commercial laundry doubled production capacity and reduced its water consumption by 34 million litres each year.
This was achieved with the installation of modern batch washers and presses, and high efficiency natural gas dryers and ironing lines.
- The batch washers reduced water use per kilogram of washing to between 4 to 6 litres, (originally 30 litres per KG), which equates to an annual volume saving of 13 Olympic sized swimming pools.
- The washers have also doubled our capacity from 120 tonnes to 240 tonnes per week.
- The natural gas dryers and ironing lines save on energy resources by reducing natural gas use (13%) and electricity consumption (12%).
These input savings are constantly improving as the Sunfresh Linen management team sources the best laundry technology from around the globe.
The Sunfresh story continues as outstanding quality and laundry services are delivered to an expanding customer base throughout Southeast Queensland. Hotels, restaurants and other types of businesses hire linen from us and trust us with their laundry.
Energy reduction 4,7500,000 MJ or 16%
Greenhouse Gas reduction 436 tonnes CO2-e or 9%
Potable water reduction 34 ML or 41%
Costs avoided $60,000 annually
The ecoBiz process involves the following:
- measuring your current resource use
- identifying the areas of your business that need improvement
- planning and implementing eco-efficient and sustainable business practices
- and then remeasuring to see the savings.
Can I join ecoBiz?
If you are a Queensland-based company, compliant with all environmental legislation and interested in reducing your environmental footprint and improving your bottom line, then you are eligible to join the program.
Is ecoBiz suitable for my business?
ecoBiz is suitable for a range of businesses. Our partners range from small offices to large manufacturers, with industries as diverse as professional services, accommodation and food services, manufacturing, real estate and retail. ecoBiz is ideally suited to businesses that have access to data that accurately records their energy and water usage, and waste generation. We use data from your bills and invoices to complete your assessments. Find out what’s involved in the ecoBiz process.
Due to the sheer diversity of businesses in Queensland, ecoBiz is not suitable for every business. You might have difficulty undertaking ecoBiz if:
- You operate on a shared site and cannot meter or measure your separate resource usage. Bills are usually based on a predetermined percentage of your occupancy (usually floor space).
- Your main operations occur outside the place of business (for example: consultants, cleaning contractors), where accurate data for energy, waste and water cannot be measured.